Prison Break #2 - The answers to these questions will provide another lock code.
1. The cells were primitive and lacked privacy, with a bed, a desk, and a sink and toilet on the back wall, with few furnishings except a blanket.
What does primitive mean as it is used in this sentence?
A. characterized by secrecy
B. relating to an early stage of development
C. an inadequate amount
D. strategically placed
2. The accused and convicted were deprived of their liberties and declared slaves to society.
What does deprived mean as it is used in this sentence?
A. being given privileges
B. encouraged to have beliefs
C. provided with what is needed
D. caused to suffer a lack of something important
3. Many times the prisoners died of starvation and dehydration.
The word dehydration contains a root that means --
4. All were reasons that Alcatraz was considered to be escape-proof EXCEPT –
A. high security
B. freezing waters
C. cell size
D. strong currents
5. Infamous gangster and bank robber, John Dillinger, FBI’s “Public Enemy #1”, escaped from the “escape-proof” Lake County Jail in Crown Point, Indiana on March 3, 1934.
The word infamous means --
A. being well known for some bad quality or deed
B. having a respectable personality
C. showing weakness
D. planning to be arrested
6. Which famous prison break involved the largest number of people who escaped?
A. 1864 - Libby Prison Escape
B. 1934 – Lake County Jail
C. 1962 - Alcatraz Escape
D. 1977 – Brushy Mountain State Prison Escape